Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Mommies need to take a vacation

I don't know if you have figured this out by sad experience, but going an a vacation with your children....is not really a vacation. Shocker, right?

Two weeks ago, I flew out to Georgia to be at my best friend's wedding, visit my hometown, and see people and places I love. It was Uuuuuuhhhhmazing! Seriously, I don't think I recall a better vacation. It was kid-free and that helped, but I had so much time to myself. I dug into my roots, got reacquainted with my besties, visited some of my favorite spots, (one may have even involved a playground) and ate amazing food.

I went to church at the one I grew up at and that really was good for my soul, other than a good Brunswick Stew, which I also had.

But all this taught me that taking time to yourself for an extended period of time is so healthy, I don't know why it's not mandated. When I stayed in Thomaston, my hometown, I stayed at an empty furnished apartment BY MYSELF, and I LOVED it! Seriously, I could have stayed there the entire time, but then I wouldn't have ridden fourwheelers with fireflies, or went swimming or hiked up Stone Mountain in the dead-hot of a Georgia summer with my bestie and her kids. Really, I was truly blessed the whole trip.

And then...the best moment upon returning was when my boys were waiting for me at the airport and they literally ran and cried because they were so happy to see me. Yes, mommy vacations are essential for keeping things in perspective and for helping your kids realize that they do actually love you and miss you when you are gone.

Mommy out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Share your own mommyhood comments :)

Conquering Fears in Mommyhood

Today was such a cool mom day. I hesitate to say that because shouldn't every day be a cool mom day? But in reality, for me, it'...