Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Mommyhood Requires a Good Night's Sleep

Staying up that extra hour last night to blog and catch up on writing was a bad, BAD idea. Somehow kids don't understand how adults need ten times as much rest as they do. So our day started rough, with me on the couch with one of the boy's blankets and the TV as the babysitter until I could properly function. I warned Freddy if he woke up early, he wouldn't get breakfast until 8:00. Hopefully the message will sink in, but I am not holding my breath.

We had eggs and toast for breakfast, and then my body started to wake up some and the boys played in their room while I showered. I swear that must've been the hardest part of the morning. How do mothers get their showers in peace? I must have stopped the water 3 or 4 times so I could hear what this or that crash or scream was all about. I'll take one gift card of a kid-free shower, please. :)

But to summarize, showers are important  to someone who stays at home all day. I can't function without a shower, and I was much less beastly after feeling clean.

Supposedly our church play group was meeting, but when we walked down to her house, she was just as surprised as I was that it wasn't happening. And then she told me it met on Wednesday. So we walked back up at the hill, stopping at Sr. Olpin and Sr. Christensen's house. Seeing adults on a regular basis is going to be important for me, especially in the winter. I am very much a people-person, and I need to make sure to get out of the house on days I am feeling down. Today (after a breakfast and a shower) I am sunshine and daisies. Talk to me again in a few hours when the boys wake up from their naps.

And naps...aren't they glorious. Right before lunch, my eyes started to droop, and I knew I would be napping with the boys. But guess what, that crack chicken we ate over rice just popped me back up, and I started moving boxes downstairs (because we have alot that need to be processed). Instead of napping, I am writing and working. Crazy, right?

I feel naptime is the only time to breathe though, and I gotta get some me-time in sometime. Why would I sleep through it? Also, talk to me by Friday, and I am sure that I will have laughed at this and will be quietly snoring in my room during naps.

Day One of Fulltime Mommyhood, and I have learned a lot.

1. Get more sleep- Do not stay up extra to watch that last show. You will hate yourself in the morning
2. Eat so that you fight the grumpiness
3. For heaven sakes, shower. It will wake you up in the best kinds of ways.
4. Visit people. Get out of the house. I am hoping that the kids and I all find service opportunities through this, meet new people, and make long-lasting memories together.

<3 Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Share your own mommyhood comments :)

Conquering Fears in Mommyhood

Today was such a cool mom day. I hesitate to say that because shouldn't every day be a cool mom day? But in reality, for me, it'...