Monday, May 29, 2017

Choosing Mommyhood


Tomorrow, I start my real Mommyhood. I know that seems silly since technically, I have been a mom since Freddy was born. But sending my children off to other people to care for while I work doesn’t feel the same, and I strongly believe that my new calling of teaching two boys will be much more difficult than my classroom of twenty-five.

I have always admired stay-at-home moms…but that title has always seemed a little negative. If mothers are at home, it is usually because they have chosen to stay at home with their children. I have never wanted that path for myself…and even now, the light is still dim. But I do know it is the path I am supposed to follow right now, and that is why I have finally decided to embrace Mommyhood.
For years, I have been the other spectrum. We needed more money to make ends meet and I loved my job, so I hope that I never offend in my posts and that others see that whatever choice they make for themselves and their family is usually the right choice. I see advantages and disadvantages to both career paths.

Mommyhood is definitely also a career path and should never be discounted. It is something that needs to be chosen and worked on each day.

Tomorrow would usually start my first day of summer, and I would have a few months to unwind, or start my second-full time job of being a mommy. And I have to be honest, it is almost easier to show up to work each day and put in an 8-10 hour work day then it is to tackle my two kids for the same amount of time. The real reason- because that job never ends. There is no clocking out. No vacation time. No sick days. Even if you have a supportive significant other, the weight of raising children is heavy.

So I am only writing this post to let others know, I am up for this challenge. I will most definitely fail many days of the week, but I want to keep this blog to show that there are joys within Mommyhood to celebrate. Cheers to my new job and the hopes I don’t screw it up J

2 comments:

  1. When I would help out in my son's kindergarten class, I thought it would be easier to stay home than have a daily job. (Although, I was impressed with my ability to get two kids up and the one off to school all on my own every morning.) I think it only becomes easier because it's what you are doing, and God helps you. You got this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erica :) I think you hit the hammer right on the head when you mentioned that God helps you. :)

      Delete

I love comments! Share your own mommyhood comments :)

Conquering Fears in Mommyhood

Today was such a cool mom day. I hesitate to say that because shouldn't every day be a cool mom day? But in reality, for me, it'...